So today is the first day of February, thankfully the shortest month of the year. For most of my life I’ve hated February. It’s cold, dark, there are no long weekends (I don’t get Family Day off – thanks federal government!), and I just want to hibernate. But recently I’ve started taking my own advice and have really been looking around me at all my awesome city has to offer, and this is what I’m looking forward to in February.
First there is Winterlude. A festival that takes place over three weekends in February, Winterlude is a celebration of – you guessed it! – all things winter. Some of the things I plan on doing there are:
- Checking out the ice sculptures – these are always gorgeous, and carvers from all over the world come to take part in the competitions.
- The Winterlude kick-off party in Confederation Park
- Epic. Arctic. Torngat Mountains – A photo exhibit of the Torngat Mountains
- Unikkaaqtuarniq: Stories from the North – A series of short films about the Arctic and the Inuit
- Creative Weekends at city hall
- Winterlude’s Sub-Zero Concert Series – David Usher
So that’s Winterlude! There’s also FeBREWary, put on by Beau’s Brewery – “A five-week midwinter celebration of all things craft-brewed and tasty features a brand-new Beau’s beer released every week” is totally up my alley. I’ll be trying to get to as many Barley’s Angels events as possible and I will be heading out to the brewery itself on the 18th to do a tour, have some food and drink some beer!
Also beer related is Dominion City’s tap takeover at Local Landsdowne on February 19th.
On the 22nd is Yorkie night at WAG café, and I’m hoping to take Bug so she can socialize with other Yorkies! I am sadly really looking forward to this.
And finally on Sunday the 26th I have my book club, which is always fun and something to look forward to!
What are you doing this month? Comment and let me know and you’ll be entered to win a $50 Chapters gift card!